Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Saturday, January 10, 2009

In the Right Measure

Ohhh. I can't take another heartache. Though you say you're my friend -- I'm -- at my wits' end! You say your love is bona fide but that don't coincide with the things that you DO. And when I ask you to be nice...

You say, "You've got to be cruel to be kind in the right measure. Cruel to be kind, it's a very good sign. Cruel to be kind means that I love you. Baby, you've got to be cruel. You've got to be cruel to be kind."

Well I do my best to understand, dear. But you still mystify, and I want to know why. I pick myself up off the ground to have you knock me back down again and again, and when I ask you to explain, you say...

"You've got to be cruel to be kind in the right measure. Cruel to be kind -- it's a very good sign. Cruel to be kind means that I love you, baby. You've got to be cruel. You've got to be cruel to be kind."

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Oooooh! Oooh! Well I do my best to understand, dear, but you still mystify and I want to know why.

I pick myself up off the ground! To have you knock me back down! Again and again!

And when I ask you to explain, you say, "You've got to be cruel to be kind in the right measure! Cruel to be kind. It's a very good sign! Cruel to be kind -- it means that I love you, baby! You've got to be cruel. You've got to be cruel to be kind."

(...)

"Cruel to be kind in the right measure, cruel to be kind -- it's a very very very good sign. Cruel to be kind, it means -- that I love you. Baby, you've got to be cruel...got to be cruel. To be kind..."

---
"Cruel to be Kind" lyrics by Nick Lowe/Ian Gomm, originally performed by Nick Lowe
---

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Great. Now I'm going to have this in my head all day.

That was, indeed, cruel. The kind part is still up for debate.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home