Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Thursday, February 01, 2007

2002 Journal Entries

From a journal entry May 19, 2002:

I would like to receive a paycheck for existing. Is it not work to exist? All this breathing and eating and moving around surely should merit some form of compensation. I suppose that existing is a paycheck onto itself. Damn this minimum wage.

July 10, 2002:

I like songs and would like to buy a book about songwriting. Not sissy songwriting about rainbows or itsy-bitsy things, but about lust and hate and disorder. About pain and love and debauchery. Thinking about this makes me want to throw a chair out the window.

August 5, 2002:

Here today I sit in the Wisconsin north woods after a day of fishing and shooting. I had never shot a gun before today, and I look forward to doing it again. It combines the pleasure of throwing a baseball with the adrenaline of starting a dangerous fire. Guns are mindless killing devices, but (and?) they are awfully fun.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Your Mother said...

I can say this here because no one out here knows me. When I took my hunter's ed class (to go bow hunting with my husband), I had to shoot a rifle as part of the test. I'm anti firearm in real life, but what an adrenalin rush!

PS - Michele sent me.

10:58 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

The first time I shot a gun, it was a simple Mauser .22 rifle. A cap gun, of sorts. The second time I shot a gun, it was an Uzi. I set it on automatic and unloaded a clip into the target.

I've never been a huge fan of guns, but I, too, derived a visceral thrill from the experience. Talk about pure power. It kinda frightened me.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home