Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Friday, November 30, 2007

Moose

Chuck stopped in middle of the hiking trail. "That's an odd thing to say."

"What?"

"That I remind you of a moose."

"It's not odd. You do remind me of a moose. I mean, there's nothing wrong with projecting the appearance and demeanor of a moose. A moose is like a regal, macho deer."

Chuck put his hands, palms out, fingers splayed, against the sides of his head and stared into the trees. "Still, it makes me feel odd. A moose is odd." His large bottom lip quivered a bit.

"You know what, I was mistaken. You don't remind of a moose."

"Thank you."

I reached into my backpack. "Here, have an apple."

"Thank you," Chuck said, then swallowed it in two bites.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

That's awesome.

Isn't it amazing what you can do in not even a couple dozen sentences? :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

:)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home