Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Friday, May 16, 2008

Introduction

Ashamed of the recent rash of nonsense that has been spilling out of me, I thought I might try a coherent post. I live in Chicago. I am from the suburbs of Chicago. I tend to despise New York for being too self-absorbed. I tend to despise Los Angeles for the same reason. I like to think that Chicago, and the Midwest in general, provides a framework to be self-absorbed without losing focus of the problems of society as a whole, and the role of yourself in those problems.

I love the Cubs. I hate the Cubs. I could never envision a World Series on the North Side of Chicago. To have a World Series would disorient me badly. I am good at dealing with disappointments because I expect the Cubs to disappoint. Life is mostly disappointments. I am good at dealing with life. A Cubs World Series would drive me insane, driven insane like a ball off of Derrek Lee's bat into the right-center field gap, scoring the runner from first.
---

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Crys said...

i'm in Chicago too, and this is definitely a Cubs household. in fact manically so. from the moment Spring training starts to the miserable last gasp of the season, we are watching.

but me? i'd love to see a series. this town would go OFF.

9:15 AM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

If we start becoming ashamed of the nonsense we spout we mind as well not write. Nonsense is for those who like movies more than pushups.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home