Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Pantry

My pantry is filled with canned peas and boxes of dry Jello. The peas are there because I cannot bear to be without them (they remind me of my adult guardian, the Jolly Green Giant). Also, they go well with boiled potatoes and Campbell's tomato soup. I am boring. The Jelloes are there because I like to collect the different colors and flavors (including, especially, Mystery) but I never want to eat them. Jello is made with hooves of horse, of course.

Of course, now that I'm running out of room, I'm thinking of making a dessert or side dish out of peas and Jello. Tastewise, I think orange Jello would go best with peas, but visually it would repulse the eater. Orange and green make -- I don't know. I have no color wheel. Back when I thought I was an artist, I memorized the color wheel, but I had to intentionally forget it in favor of the Wheel of Fortune. You only get one chance with Vanna White. Oh, Vanna, you haunted my childhood and taught me how to read. I owe you everything.

3 Comments:

Blogger John Dantzer said...

Saint Jolly Green Giant. Patron saint of vegetables.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought the Jolly Green Giant was Sprout's older brother or maybe father. Which would make Drue the Jolly Green Giant of Pi's.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Crys said...

you keep deleting posts and i am here to tell you that i disapprove heartily.

that is all.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home