Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Thursday, July 02, 2009

The Big Eye

When I'm not quite together, I trust the big eye that floats in the upper corner of the room to make sure that no one gets hurt. The eye never directly intercedes (what would it do?), but many times its gaze shames me into questioning what I am doing.

The eye never faces the wall, which is why I won't allow it in the bathroom. It rarely blinks, but when it does, the lashes whoosh. Unless I'm in a position of power, I prefer to keep the eye away through controlled breathing and staying in the moment.

5 Comments:

Blogger John Dantzer said...

so funny.

How else would you get into a position of power other than controlled breathing and staying in the moment?... Guns? It's guns, isn't it.

2:30 PM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

That's quite the picture of you. What are you? A possum?

5:03 AM  
Blogger JMH said...

I'm not sure what I was going for there. Sorcerer? Happy monster? Possum's not a bad guess. I put it up there because it makes me laugh and shake my head and say, "There but for the grace of God...oh, wait."

10:54 AM  
Blogger Peau said...

i think he's dancing Thriller in honor of Michael Jackson.

speaking of Thriller, your writing thrills me.

8:15 AM  
Blogger JMH said...

I'm pleased you like it.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home