Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Friday, November 10, 2006

Midnight pancakes

The cold mist angles over the orange street lamps. It is almost time for pancakes. Pancakes for midnight dinner? Oh, yes!

Melt in Your Mouth Pancakes:

1 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder

1) Stir ingredients until blended.

2) Pour by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot greased griddle. If you have no griddle, use something else hot and greased. No, not that. I know you've been stirring with it, awkwardly hunched, but it's not hot enough or big enough. Are you crying? I'm sure you're adequate. Oh, that's just the sting of the lemon juice. I empathize.

3) Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook until golden. Makes 7 pancakes. Serves one, obviously.

3 Comments:

Blogger amadea's world said...

now that is something new - a recipe !
we call them Pfannkuchen, the pancakes.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a-gonna make you homemade buttermilk pancakes and homemade buttermilk syrup. Yes sir, I am.

3:15 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

I guess I have no choice.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home