Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Almost a blog

I think I get it. I'm part of the world, and I can ease it toward greater honesty by being honest. Things are done in increments. Meanwhile, I can enjoy the comforts of my fine apartment and these apricots that I bought at Andy's Fruit Ranch, a grocery store, not an offensively named, Western themed male brothel. And if you thought I meant male brothel, what did you think I meant by apricot? Well, they're small, cleaved, peach-colored, a little fuzzy, oh, no, no, this thought ends here.

I'd like to be more affectionate, like Mediterraneans are, but there are a lot of people out there who I don't want to touch. I think it's an inside-out process, like method acting. Advice would be appreciated. Anyhow, it's nice to know you readers are out there somewhere, living and making someone happy.

7 Comments:

Blogger patguy said...

We're definitely making a shirt. Andy's Fruit Ranch. There's a shirtless cowboy, riding a shetland pony, reins in one hand, two ripe apricots in the other, some manner of juice dripping down his chin. No tagline or other copy to indicate whether it's a store or a brothel. Just an address, with a ;) emoticon at the end. This will sell really well next to the Richard Taste and the Regrets tour shirts I'm planning to make.

3:41 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Yes, let's capitalize on this. Also, I'm going to answer "some manner of juice" whenever anyone asks me, "What's that on your face/shirt/pants/boxers/dog's nose?"

12:11 PM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

The greatest happiness comes from dopamine.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Peau said...

i am not sure i am making anybody happy. having said that, you make me happy.

3:38 PM  
Blogger sybil law said...

It's all about the body language.
I think.

4:00 PM  
Blogger dogimo said...

Things are indeed done in increments.

I love apricots, but I'm a bit indecisive as to whether to call them APP ricots or APE ricots. Both are correct, but which is RIGHT?

9:55 AM  
Blogger JMH said...

jorg - Yeah man, just give me a little brown bottle of that and an eyedropper to dispense the appropriate amount on the tip of my tongue.

peau - how kind of you to say, now I'm happy. I like how this works, it's a nice little cycle.

sybil - Thanks for commenting. I'm not sure what to do with all these new friends. It's probably not appropriate to kiss the computer screen. No, probably not. No, definitely not. I feel weird now. Maybe you do too.

dogimo - APPricots. Why? Because that's how I say it, and today I'm too tired to cope with alternate pronunciations.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home