Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Thursday, March 04, 2010

On Writing

Writing is a pressure valve. Without it, I would be taut with unexpressed feeling only loosened through sex, violence, or (bottom) half-naked dancing around a fire in front of a good New England couple who, after locking themselves in the panic room, wondered how I ever got into their house. Yeah, the help doesn't really like you. I do like those fireplaces that go through the wall from the kitchen to the living room. Dancing around them is certainly aerobic (oh, here he comes again).

Writing establishes an equilibrium. It is a method of resolving that limitless burning within, not as fun and no safer than sex, but available with less compromise, though I do sacrifice brunch, and the testosterone rush is a bit weaker.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Asylum Dolly said...

I feel the same about my art and music. It's such a great thing to be able to vent in a constructive way! If it wasn't for creativity I'm sure I would've turned into a serial killer or something by now. There's nothing wrong with dancing around fireplaces naked though- I do that sometimes. Well, around the toaster anyway. I get bored waiting for the toast, so it's something to do to fill the time.

1:59 AM  
Blogger sybil law said...

You can't sacrifice brunch! Damn! That's probably the best meal of the day!!
I think I have too much sex. My writing sucks.

11:31 AM  
Blogger JMH said...

Bon - toaster, fireplace - same thing. You probably shouldn't stick a fork in either.

sybil - I think I have too much writing. My sex sucks. Of course I just consider it foreplay for brunch.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Asylum Dolly said...

Never a fork! Only knives. Knives all the way.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home