Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, June 14, 2010

Three Links

Here it's almost summer in the city. The back of my neck gets burnt and pretty.

These are interesting bits, in no particular order (Am I lying to you? I am lying to you):

1) Quite possibly the most patriotic thing I've ever done

2) Shooting Stars

3) that one time I went speed dating

A happy Summer Solstice to you. I'll be visiting the live poultry store to get my sacrifice on. I hope you will too, but the chickens don't.
---

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Asylum Dolly said...

I like you're little sunburn rhyme there.
It is COLD here. But i kinda like it.

I've never been a big sports fan, so i can relate to that first one. Here, football (as opposed to the football that is also known as soccer)is very popular.There is AFL (Aus Football League0 and VFL (Victorian Football League??) and i cannot tell the fucking difference apart from the VFL guys wear tight shorts. Anyways, i don't get it. I went to a big VFL game with my ex a while back, and i was kinda bored shitless.The crowds enthusiasm is a bit infectious, but i still really had no clue what was going on.

The shooting stars link made me go "Awwww..". It reminds me of a nice memory i have from years and years ago when i was a much younger lass.

Speed dating post. Hilarious!!! I need to go back and check out her blog more thoroughly when i get the time. I like her style.

Happy Summer Solstice! Do some fire dancing for me.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Asylum Dolly said...

D'oh! YOUR sunburn rhyme.

11:56 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Easy...we forgive typos here. But I do love attentiveness to grammar.

The sunburn rhyme is from The Lovin' Spoonful song called "Summer in the City," and, upon checking, the lyrics are actually "back of my neck getting dirty and gritty." I like my lyrics better.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home