Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Storm Is Coming, Guy from Michigan

A storm's a'comin'.  Too many apostrophes.  Too much folksiness.  I don't have a down-home way of speaking.  Some people do, and that's nice as long as they're saying things I want to hear.  Once a guy from rural Michigan told me that I sound like a dictionary.  A dictionary, of course, does not speak unless you waterboard it, but I don't think that guy meant it literally.  I think he meant that I sounded uncool.  Additionally, I failed to wear my baseball cap backwards.  That was a sad day.  But a storm is still coming, a tempest, a low pressure front, nature's fury (nature: an abusive mother).  It will have a way to make everything equal.  Being uncool will not matter, if it ever did.
---

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger sybil law said...

Being cool or uncool is all a matter of opinion. I think you're super cool, even with all the apostrophes.

10:35 AM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

Sounding like a dictionary is better than sounding like you've just inhaled a lot of helium.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Rassles said...

It's uncool outside right now. So uncool.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Letter XI said...

Y'know how weathermen will get excited over changes in air pressure, hype a big storm for weeks, get everyone to go buy bottled water, and then the storm turns out to be a flurry?

I don't like it when they do that.

The flurries are ok, though.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Sophia Grace said...

I think you're pretty cool.

2:18 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

sybil - then I'm going to start the Super Cool Club.

jorg - Yes, if you sound like that but haven't just inhaled a lot of helium, I find that true.

Rassles - Rassles! Oh my god, the perspiration!

LXI - That's one of the reasons I won't call them meteorologists. You gotta earn that title.

SG - Thanks. I only believed that guy for a couple years.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home