Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, November 20, 2006

A Monday Rant

A Monday after a Bears win is more like a Thursday (link for international audience).

Yesterday, I listened to the first half of the game on my car radio because I was driving to the parents' house for an early dinner of ribs, baked potato, and seven-layer salad (From top to bottom: bacon, shredded cheddar, mayonnaise, red onions, celery, peas, iceberg lettuce). Jeff Joniak and Tom Thayer are in-game therapists, sharing my joy, explaining and directing my anger so I don't aim it at myself. It is a terrible pity that the WBBM radio broadcast is several seconds behind even antenna-based television, probably because some corporate stuffed-shirt at WBBM is afraid that Rex will throw a pick and Tom will swear (like ninety percent of the fans), and they won't be able to edit it. Fuck our Puritan roots.

I watched the second half on television. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the best play-by-play/color commentator combination that Fox has, which is to say that they are only mildly intolerable. They're politicians: all empty rhetoric. I understand the need to be team-neutral on a national broadcast, but why dumb it down to the point...oh, Fox, right.

Speaking of Fox, you ever seen Rick DiMaio's local weather broadcast? He's greasy smooth, but the suns and clouds are much bigger than other stations' suns and clouds, and they shimmer. The high and low pressure systems are nothing but sparkly ovals, and the jet stream -- who cares where it is as long as it's long and shiny. Silly of me to analyze...

***

This is a good Bears blog.

***

Seen on a Google search link to this blog (sometimes I like to see where you've come from). The searched item was "masturbation without finishing" and took phrases from "Dialogue between a writer and imaginary agent" and "Writing Aids":

There’s no point to masturbation without the orgasm.” ... Upon finishing the rich nutty brew, it is my habit to stop writing and begin wasting time. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home