Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

This Morning in the Loop

This morning I dropped off a friend at Union Station downtown so he could take a train to the nether regions of the state, where you don't dare even mouth the words, “secular humanism.” The corporates were going to work with their shiny cases and their ties, their shiny pumps and their stockings. Stopped at a red light, I rolled down my car window.


“Attention,” I yelled, “I'm a productive citizen! Just like you!” Unfortunately, I timed my bit just as a group of mentally handicapped adults were crossing the street. They smiled, though, and it amused them. Of course, the things I have in common with them are far more important than the things I have in common with the corporates.

---

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home