Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Silly (perspective on attachment)

You are worth more to me than you realize and probably more than I realize. What I love lies in your shadow, the realm of which you're not aware, the things you deem offensive, something in you that fears itself. If I identify it to you, you will kill it. You can be vicious to yourself because you're strong enough to take it and recover, believing it makes you a high-quality person. It's silly because you already are and can't help but be.

5 Comments:

Blogger John Dantzer said...

I should pay more attention to my shadow.... and so should Jesus.

11:20 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Judging by anecdotal evidence, Jesus does love your shadow too. Whether he's paying enough attention to its tender needs is another issue entirely. Maybe he should shave the beard.

11:39 PM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

ha ha. What I meant was Jesus should pay more attention to his shadow.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Rassles said...

I feel like this applies to so many people I know.

11:04 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

That's a good thing, I think. Ideally the destructive impulse wouldn't be quite so strong, but ideal rarely happens. Balance is a reasonable goal. I like generalizations.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home