Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, November 23, 2009

Absolute Value

Their buttons too tight, moralizers affect nothing but themselves. They heat a belief with fiery self-righteousness until it turns to vapor, and then they blow that vapor in great foul-smelling jets out of their righteous holes, their asses more truthful than their mouths. I love the ass. It does not pray to smell sweet. I understand that morals comfort, provide a framework in what is often a senseless and terrifying world. There is a need for comfort. I need comfort, to share beliefs with someone somewhere. But perfect good and perfect evil are the same distance from the center, from the laughing Buddha. The center, the zero, is where I should want to be, is where I am, is where we all are. It seems.
---

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Job said...

This explains why Buddha preaches moderation, yet looks like a euphoric glutton and never wears a button down shirt

5:35 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

It does, doesn't it. Although in fairness Buddha could probably lose himself for years considering the implications of the first button passing through the first buttonhole.

9:56 PM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

This diagram reminds me of politics. I would vote leaning closer to good. But not too close. Maybe just a hair. But maybe a hair in cosmic dimensions is more like a mile. Yeah, I'll stay in the center. The last thing I need right now is a tie and a microphone.

12:29 PM  
Blogger sybil law said...

Self righteous people piss me off like no one else.

5:30 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

In my district we don't have the Nudity Party on the ballot yet (some districts in California do). Upon signing up to run for office, they take your clothes and give you a tie and a wireless microphone. The cops had it much easier when microphones required wires, as did the speechwriters.

7:39 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Fuck the self-righteous.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Rassles said...

But I love the idealists that don't stray into self-righteous, and that's so hard to find. They are a limited few.

1:26 AM  
Blogger JMH said...

Yeah, patient, humble, yet fiercely committed. That's deserving of love.

Does saying "Fuck the self-righteous" make me self-righteous? If so, then I just end up fucking myself, which isn't the worst of all possible outcomes.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home