Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Friday, October 23, 2009

One Perk of Apartment Living

My janitor, despite the stink from his armpits and maybe from his dink, if you must know, onion and sour milk, believes that changing light bulbs is holy: bringing light out of darkness, a series of miniature miracles only loosely related to electricity. Counterclockwise, darkness comes out, clockwise, light goes in. He deserves praise and respect. If he is Jesus in a jumpsuit, then he might forgive actions taken in darkness in exchange for honest regret. Either way, he improves lives. He improves my life.

6 Comments:

Blogger dogimo said...

I feel as though in some ways, the janitor is the butler's modern urban soul-brother.

In any English-style drawing-room armchair whodunit set in a modern-era public school, the cliche would become: the janitor did it.

12:46 AM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

Onion dink, eh? Better tell him to stay out of the onion patch. I know onions are vicious harlots, but we have to practice restraint.

10:09 AM  
Blogger JMH said...

With the way he smells, with his onion dink, mine might be a funk soul-brother. Who can blame him, really? It's the layers. Onions are vicious harlots, but great layers.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Rassles said...

Thank you for reminding me to buy light bulbs.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Rassles said...

In a lyrical way, of course.

11:12 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

I would think the darkness would do that. Am I the darkness? Am I Charlie Murphy?

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home