Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, June 28, 2010

Encounter at the Beach

Here comes that twirling fool again. With his arms outstretched and holes in the ass of his jeans, he kicks up red dust. Even in this heat, he smiles his simple smile with his big too-blue eyes and says "Gee thanks mister" when I give him a cup of water. It's just water and don't call me mister.

Minus the patchouli and blue eyes, I used to be that fool until I made some choices, gave up some freedom for some comfort. Now I can never go back, at least until dementia sets in. An innocent smile is a rare commodity. It expires.

3 Comments:

Blogger sybil law said...

You speak the truth.

10:49 AM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

Hahahhahahahahahahahahah..... ahhahahHFHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH! Twirling arms. Innocent smile. What will you think of next?

9:13 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

sybil - We try.

jorg - I think that sets the world record for a's and h's in one comment (but what's that "F" doing there?) I'll call Guinness.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home