Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, May 09, 2011

Problem/Solution/Com- plication

Problem: I spend my workday staring at a computer screen (when I'm not staring out the window), and then I go home and spend my evening staring at a computer screen (when I'm not staring at myself in the bathroom mirror -- it's a contest, you see).

Solution: When I come home, I locate the main circuit breaker for the apartment and turn it off. Soon after, I wonder, "What was that sound?"

Complication: I spend the evening hiding under a blanket. Also, my food spoils.
---

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger sybil law said...

I don't see the problem. :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The trick is to hide under the blanket *with* someone.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Pearl said...

And don't forget there's still that mirror to stare into.

Pearl

1:38 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Several comments did not get posted. This is not good service by Blogger, considering what I pay to maintain this site. Well, you get what you pay for. Here are the responses:

sybil - Yeah, I don't see the problem either.

D'Arcy - That's a good trick.

Pearl - Ah, the mirror. Aside from the pretty reflected light, it's something of a foul invention.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Rassles said...

Plus, reading my candlelight is way more difficult and dangerous than it sounds.

2:02 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

But in the moment before combustion, I bet you can see the words really well.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home