Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Drum

The deep primitive drumbeat rises from the black earth and commands you to step in rhythm -- now faster faster until you are no longer you. Have you become Davy Jones (wait a moment) or Tom Selleck or John Malkovich? Yes, in fact you are all of them. You are the drum.

As it is in the beginning and ever shall be, you sacrifice your flesh and yourself to the beat of eternity. This is not so bad. The blessings of life, the people dancing with you, are your reward.

8 Comments:

Blogger Pearl said...

I've been staring at this quite a while now. I wish I had something clever to say about it, outside of how much you would read more of it to me, maybe ask me if I'd like a beer.

Would be your "follower" but there's no following you? Will have to add you to my "favorites".

Pearl

7:34 AM  
Blogger sybil law said...

I'd definitely dance with you...

11:49 AM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

That's a fine assortment of characters you've selected. It has inspired me to take on the name Jotomvy Selectyvich.

12:26 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Pearl - Thank you. It's always nice to have a new visitor. It's tough to summon cleverness, for me it happens accidentally.

Have a beer with me? It seems like Fond Du Lac is good midpoint. Of course Fond Du Lac might be the sort of place one would want several beers.

sybil - I'll start practicing.

Jotomvy - is your name Serbian?

9:18 PM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

Croatian.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

I want the mustache to come back in style.

10:18 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

I want to grow one. In a cabin by myself. All I'll need is six months of food, an internet connection, plenty of flannel shirts, and an axe. What's the axe for? What is it NOT for?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Ever since I was three I've had a hard time with the fact that I can't grow facial hair. I was really upset. My dad tried to console me by telling me I might grow something akin to it when I become an old lady.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home