Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, November 29, 2010

Winter has come

Winter has come. The wind howls. I would like to be Warmth and smell like fresh bread. People could huddle around me and lay their hands on me. Cold people, neglected people, those who have fallen through successive stages and continue to fall, the victims of social gravity, those who wear their clothes inside-out because the fleecy interior is so much nicer to touch, those who shun company -- I could accept everyone. If only I really could.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stella said...

Perhaps those whose hands are a bit raspy sounding and they could rub your belly and make a Winter's Song. I'd like that.

11:03 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

I'd like that too. A musical instrument is a fine thing to be, and my belly does need rubbing.

11:25 PM  
Blogger John Dantzer said...

Warming your hands is one thing, taking a bite is another. I cannot tolerate running bread. Or runny bread. Or french onion soup. But this post warmed my heart none-the-less.

11:29 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Runny bread is just poorly made dough. And running bread, well, that speaks of an ant or poltergeist problem.

Winter is going to be tough. We'll need warm hearts and many different kinds of soup.

11:40 PM  
Blogger sybil law said...

The temperature here is dropping steadily today- I could use some snuggling warmth!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Kono said...

That was fucking beautiful.

8:53 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

sybil - of all the warmths, I prefer snuggling warmth.

Kono - Thanks.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Rassles said...

Would you help arm us against cold pants? That's the only thing I hate about winter other than the heating bill: waiting for the bus with cold pants.

3:26 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Rassles - the solution to cold pants would seem to be hot pants. But you probably can't wear those to work, huh?

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home