Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Hey, A List!

I have a party coming up. Because I don't have cable TV or any games besides Yahtzee (though, to be fair, Yahtzee is very much like life), I'm going to list some possible activities for the party, and you can vote for your favorites. You can even attend the party if you want to. At this party, there will be extensive drink and food and music. It will be absurd.

This is interactive! Vote no more than nine times. Top two will be gently forced upon the partygoers.

1) Uncooked macaroni and glue artwork.
2) Minute of gibberish (everyone gets up to a minute).
3) Poetry: Write four lines, recopy 10 times, modifying if needed. Post everyone's on the bulletin board. Make additional poems out of these poems.
4) Contest: who are the best thrusters?
5) Make it talk. (Make what talk? It.)
6) Finger painting. Finger painting on walls, maybe.
7) Shuffleboard. We'll use yardsticks and a frozen hamburger and tongs to handle that frozen hamburger as it spreads e-coli across the floor.
8) Bouncy ball from high up. I live three stories up. This is a fifteen second activity.
9) Bombs away! This is similar to #8, but due to indeterminate objects, more likely to lead to arrest.
10) Matless Twister. (Right hand carpet. Left foot couch. Right foot ceiling)

OK...vote!

8 Comments:

Blogger John Dantzer said...

#2 or #4. 4 because I am the best thruster. I am.

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Miss Ash said...

Some of the best parties were ones where I fingerpainted the walls. Good choice.
Also, Bouncy balls are wonderful.

10:14 AM  
Blogger sybil law said...

#1, #3 and #4.
I wish I could attend the party!! I could glue the shit out of some macaroni. Also, I could challenge Jorg to a thrusting contest! It's a thrust off!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Rassles said...

5 and 1, but with cooked macaroni. Both activities with cooked macaroni.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

7 and 8. Though if you change fingerpainting to just painting, with tiny brushes, and select a piece of furniture to so adorn, I think you might have something.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

These all have merit. And I am sure you will pick the right two. Whenever someone introduces games at a party--I always conduct my own. A few of the ones I like to play with myself (yep)...are:

answer's people's questions to you with other questions
hum the music from jaws for at least three minutes and chase after someone making your hands into a big fin

imitate the voice of the next person you speak to, while you are speaking to them

predict something

keep yelling marco until someone responds "polo"


next time someone laughs, yell "hit the ground" and then you have to hit the ground and cover your head


make explosion noises whenever someone laughs

mime, yep, mime




Aw, I love parties. Wish I could come to yours!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

2 and 3

11:07 AM  
Blogger JMH said...

Thanks for voting, everyone. We'll keep polls open since we have no majority or even a plurality. In fact, all we've learned is not to throw anything bigger than a bouncy ball off the balcony and not to force people to play Twister. And that Stella likes write-in votes.

I'm not worried, though. If I know anything about my parties, it's that the proper things to do become very clear around midnight.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home