Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Only Colors and Flavors

I was digging through the big black plastic container where I throw all my old writing and uncovered an essay which most likely was written in 1999. The whole copy can be obtained for $5, check or money order only, include $6.95 shipping and handling (mostly handling -- it's tough to handle, it's heavy, well not exactly, more awkward than heavy), blah blah blah. There is no date on this essay, but the paragraphs are marked with the time. This paragraph is from 1:26 A.M. Enjoy.

I'm going to a paradise, a world in which there's only colors and flavors. Big rainbow lollipops floating around in a dreamer's paradise. In this paradise, there are angels and saints and cherubs, each with a different flavor and color. You can taste them and see what they're like. These cherubs carry candy arrows with multiple flavors and colors. Some are orange and others are red. Some are blue and others are green. Each flavor makes you see colors and each color makes you taste flavors. Everybody floats around in a dreamy haze.
---

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Miss Ash said...

Strange.
I dislike the flavor "green;" however it's possibly my favorite color. Also, your captchka is green. Coincidence? I think not.

9:30 AM  
Blogger sybil law said...

I would love to go to this land of edible angels.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Kono said...

You do know that this smacks highly of hallucinogenic drugs don't you? mmmm drugs.

10:41 AM  
Blogger JMH said...

Miss Ash - I think I like green flavor the best, followed by red, then purple, or is it indigo? No, purple.

sybil - Admission is free. But I'd advise you to only bite them when their backs are turned.

Kono - Mind you, I was in Central Illinois at the time. There was not a whole lot going on. I'll quote from earlier in the essay:

"I like to look at the apples and see what kind of apples they are. I like Jonathan apples and MacIntosh. Apples have skin like red and yellow. I like yellow apples that move up and down. I like to lick the peels of the apples, then enjoying my peels, I like to go to another planet."

12:12 AM  
Blogger Rassles said...

Dude, I liked that apple paragraph way better than the cherub color paragraph. Mostly because apples are delicious and it was hilarious.

If I could eat one color forever it would be green. Or pale, pale gray. Gray so pale you spell it with an "e" like those damn Europeans. Grey.

2:45 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Yeah, I think you're right about the apples paragraph. Such wonder in fruit!

What would pale, pale gray taste like? Minerals? Water from when the Earth was pure?

I like to use "gray" for negative connotation, as in "Her gray stomach hung over the elastic of her jeans" and "grey" for positive, as in "The slight grey bird lit upon my shoulder and gently pecked my earlobe, a lover long lost."

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home